BLACK MAGIC SNAPPER SNACK PRE-MADE RIGS
- Great for all levels of angler, from kids, those wanting to catch tonight’s dinner, right through experienced fishos hunting for that PB Snapper
- Easy to use – comes pre-rigged with a meter of leader – just attach it to your mainline and add some bait
- Rigged with Black Magic Tough Trace and two Black Magic KLT® hooks, PTFE coated for better penetration and corrosion resistance
- The circle style KLT® hook means you don’t need to strike when a fish takes the rig, so they will work in a rod holder while you’re fishing another rod, or even having lunch
- Perfect for catching Snapper, Kingie’s, Cod, Tarakihi and Gurnard
- The Snapper Snack® is best fished with a thin strip of bait to maintain the natural swimming action of the skirt. Fresh squid and thin strips of baits are a great choice. Just make sure the barbs of the hooks are well exposed.
- Don’t strike when you feel a fish bite, just lift your rod tip steadily and start a slow wind. Snapper Snack® rigs use inline recurve KLT® hooks which will self-hook, usually in the corner of the mouth.
- When you know you have a fish on, just wind in steadily and slowly. You might score a second fish while close to the bottom as Snapper Snacks® are a two hook rig and ‘double headers’ were very common during tackle testing.
- Tie your sinker close to the bottom hook. This will ensure that your baits are as close to the sea floor as possible. Snapper and a lot of other species feed on the bottom so having your bait close to the bottom is essential.
- Snapper Snack® rigs are very versatile and can be fished while anchored or on the drift. They can also be fished from the shore, as they are great for casting.
- Wash your Snapper Snack® rigs after using them. Although they are rigged with PTFE coated KLT® hooks which are highly rust resistant, it’s always best to wash them down to increase their lifespan.
- All Snapper Snack® skirts are high in UV and lumo content. If you’re fishing in deep water or at night time, try charging up the skirts with a UV torch; this will make your Snapper Snack® glow brighter and for longer period.
- Although Snapper Snack® rigs were designed to catch Snapper, they can catch a wide range of other species in New Zealand and Australian waters.
“Snapper Snacks® are a fantastic rig to have in your tackle box. It’s nice to know that even if your bait has been picked off you still have a chance of hooking an epic fish due to the skirts lure like action.” – Scott Parry, Fishing and Adventure
“I love Snapper Snacks® because bait and slow jigs are deadly on snapper but incorporating them both into a ledger rig is lethal… big snapper can’t resist them.” – Mark Cotton, Big Blue Dive and Fish
“I enjoy using Snapper Snacks® because they are so versatile and hook pretty much any species of fish found in New Zealand coastal areas. Great for filling the bin.” – Mig Rumney, Fishing and Adventure