The name Slammer needs little introduction in saltwater circles. Synonymous with being downright bulletproof and lasting the distance no matter the conditions, it’s developed a cult following amongst anglers pursuing the toughest ocean predators for a reason. PENN’s new Slammer IV spinning range takes the ultimate workhorse reel to another level. Whether you’re live baiting in the surf, spinning from the rocks, popper fishing a coral reef, deepwater jigging or switchbaiting a billfish, the Slammer IV range won’t let you down. Let the battle begin.
- MACHINED ALUMINIUM POWER KNOB
- With spare EVA knob also included across the range (excluding 2500 size which features an EVA knob only).
- CNC GEAR TECHNOLOGY
- State of the art Computer Numerical Control technology machines gears out of a solid piece of metal, ensuring exact alignment, smooth long-term performance and cranking torque rigidity when trying to get that last wind on a hard fighting fish.
- ADDITIONAL SEALS TO IMPROVE IPX6 RATED BODY AND SPOOL DESIGN
- Independently verified by the International Ingress Protection Rating, the Slammer’s renowned IPX6 sealing is improved further by an additional seal under the rotor before the labyrinth seal, and a change in the way the drag is sealed to offer a reduced minimum drag for improved low-end smoothness.
- 8+1 SEALED STAINLESS STEEL BEARING SYSTEM
- Additional bearing in the spool which helps to support the spool when placed under heavy drag loads.
- BRAID READY
- To eliminate slippage and the need to use monofilament backing before spooling, the Slammer IV features a textured rubber gasket at the base of the spool to tie your braid directly onto.
- BAIL TRIP
- To prevent inadvertent bail closing in heavy casting applications, sizes 6500-10500 feature a manual bail trip. Sizes 2500-5500 have automatic bail trip functionality if desired by the angler, simply crank the sturdy handle after casting to close the bail.
- SEALED SLAMMER® DRAG SYSTEM WITH DURA-DRAG™ (3500-10500)
- Silky smooth Dura-Drag™ carbon fibre washers eliminate hesitation even under extreme drag settings, and are impregnated with a Phenolic bonding agent to reduce wear and water intrusion.
|SKU||BRAID CAPACITY YD / LB||MONO CAPACITY M / MM||
|SLAIV2500||240/10 220/15 160/20||235/0.23 160/0.28 130/0.31||6.2:1||20lb | 9.1kg||320g|
|SLAIV2500HS||240/10 220/15 160/20||235/0.23 160/0.28 130/0.31||7.0:1||20lb | 9.1kg||320g|
|SLAIV3500||310/10 270/15 220/20||330/0.23 240/0.28 180/0.31||6.2:1||30lb | 13.6kg||400g|
|SLAIV4500||390/15 320/20 250/30||390/0.25 290/0.28 215/0.33||6.2:1||30lb | 13.6kg||430g|
|SLAIV4500HS||390/15 320/20 250/30||390/0.25 290/0.28 215/0.33||7.0:1||30lb | 13.6kg||430g|
|SLAIV5500||500/20 380/30 335/40||390/0.28 300/0.33 210/0.36||5.6:1||40lb | 18.1kg||630g|
|SLAIV6500||485/30 410/40 335/50||355/0.33 315/0.36 185/0.38||5.6:1||40lb | 18.1kg||690g|
|SLAIV6500HS||485/30 410/40 335/50||355/0.33 315/0.36 185/0.38||6.2:1||40lb | 18.1kg||690g|
|SLAIV7500||530/40 440/50 400/65||450/0.36 300/0.38 200/0.46||4.7:1||50lb | 22.6kg||820g|
|SLAIV8500||730/40 600/50 555/65||415/0.46 280/0.56 240/0.61||4.7:1||50lb | 22.6kg||880g|
|SLAIV8500HS||730/40 600/50 555/65||415/0.46 280/0.56 240/0.61||5.3:1||50lb | 22.6kg||880g|
|SLAIV10500||845/50 780/65 540/80||395/0.56 330/0.61 230/0.71||4.2:1||60lb | 27.2kg||1220g|