- Light weight C-40X carbon frame and side plates.
- C-40X Cyclonic Flow Rotor for corrosion resistance.
- TCA: Torsion Control Armor reduces twisting.
- 8HPB + 1RB corrosion resistant stainless steel bearings.
- Quick-Set anti-reverse roller bearing.
- Precision machine cut brass pinion gear.
- ALG: Precision AlumiLite alloy main gear and oscillating gears.
- Rigid, machined aluminum, anodized handle.
- Light weight, EVA handle knobs for comfort.
- Precision Elliptical Gearing system.
- Machined aluminum, 2-tone anodized spool.
- Heavy duty, solid aluminum bail wire.
- RESII: Computer balanced Rotor Equalizing System.
|Helios SX Specs|
|CDB (Centrifugal Disc Bail)
Okuma’s Centrifugal Disc Bail(CDB) is a unique new design that incorporates a heavier brass disc that is perfectly weighted and balanced to create a smoother and easier bail operation, while increasing the strength and stability of the overall bail function.
The new Okuma technology of graphite bail arm with metal disc embedded also avoids risk of corrosion and electro difference between the bail wire and traditional zinc bail arm.
1-K woven carbon fibre drag knob which reduces weight and creates a more progressive drag setting.
C-40X Carbon Fibre Technology
Okuma’s new C-40X long strand carbon fibre technology utilizes a specially blended graphite polymer. The carbon fibres in this material are elongated and reinforced, creating a substantially stronger composite than standard graphite material. At 25% lighter, 1.5 times stronger and 100% anti-corrosive. C-40X translates into an extremely lightweight and durable construction.
Inspira is made with C-40X long strand carbon fibre frame and sideplate for a stronger and lighter performance.
CFR (Cyclonic Flow Rotor)
Cyclonic Flow Rotor (CFR) was designed to create “cyclonic” airflow, which significantly increases air flow through the ported rotor.
This thoroughly tested design allows for a much faster drying time if the reel becomes wet, minimizing corrosion possibility through out the reel.
CFR also creates a lighter-weight and a more rigid rotor which reduces the flex and rotational coherence and creates a more precise mechanical operation.
TCA (Torsion Control Armor)
The one piece Torsion Control Armor (TCA) design made with Okuma long strand carbon fibre found on the new Inspira spinning reel is made with a double arm design which offers high torsion and flex resistance under heavy pressure for static strength. This not only makes the reel lighter but also makes the reel extremely rigid which reduces twist and torque and keeps the internal parts in perfect alignment.
TCA (Torsion Control Armor)
Against Body Twist and Torque:
360 degree anti-twist with pressure taken from line roller.
360 degree anti-twist with pressure taken from handle.